12 Ways to Pray for Those Who Persecute
There are various groups of people who don’t like Christians. Sometimes this is religious persecution, sometimes it’s individual persecution, and sometimes it’s cultural persecution. There Bible says to love for our enemies. Matthew 5:44 quotes Jesus as saying, “But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you.” That’s as difficult order. Nonetheless, here are 12 ways to pray for those who persecute Christians:
1. Pray our persecutors will be part of the coming worldwide revival.
Revival is when many people come to know the Jesus as their Lord and Savior. It usually reflects a geographic region. Currently, people come to the Lord in groups of one or two. There is a day coming when whole cities come to know the Lord – in a day. Whole family units will come into the kingdom. Entire neighborhoods, entire cities, entire regions will come to know the Lord – in a day. When this happens, volume will take out many objections.
2. Pray boldly for a new truth standard. May that truth standard be God’s truth standard. Nazi Germany got entire countries to act as if Jews were the problem. Stalin killed Christians right along with the Jews. Many innocent, law abiding people were killed. These facts that people believed were not truth. Pray for truth to be the standard of the land.
3. Ask God for a new ways to see those who persecute as people and not mindless followers of “a way” or “a system.” Ask God for persecutors to see people as individuals created by God with a purpose.
4. Ask for a new heart to see our persecutors as loved by God. Ask God for His love of these people to be deposited in our hearts.
5. Pray that fear shifts to respect for one another.